Put your first step
Our mission is to provide quality and personalized care to children, adolescents and adults with mental health needs. Stepping Stones Psychiatric Care is run by Board Certified Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists who offer some of the finest medical care available in Pennsylvania. Our Psychiatrists and Licensed Professional Counselors work closely together to ensure we provide the best care possible to our patients through a combination of psychotherapy and medication management. We base our success on helping people live well and feel better.
With more than 13 years of private practice under his belt, Dr. Muhammad Shaikh has seen it all in the psychiatric arena. At Stepping Stones Psychiatric Care, he focuses on the Child/Adolescent and Adult population.
- Dr. Shaikh is one of the only Board Certified, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists in Western Pennsylvania (with only a total of 5% of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists in the United States)
- The availability for patients and clients to be seen is earlier than anywhere else.
- Our licensed therapy team has over 61 years of total counseling experience.
- Coordination of care between the Psychiatrist and Therapists is available within the practice, providing top level-long term care.
Please call to cancel within 24 hours period or will be subjected to no show fee of $40 at the time of services for Commercial Insurance and Private Pay only.
- Fill out our online form with the needed information
- Once verified, one of our staff members will call to finish the set up process.
- The Initial client assessments will need to be completed preferably before your visit
- Schedule an intake session with a Licensed Therapist for a thorough assessment
- Schedule appointment with the Dr. Shaikh
- UPMC Healthcare Plan
- Medicaid (through Allegheny County): Gateway, UnitedHealth Care, UPMC For You, UPMC For Kids & Aetna Better Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (out of State)
Yes, we accept private pay for patients
- Intake by Therapist
- Therapy Appointment
- Initial by doctor
- Follow up appointment with doctor
- Cyber Bullying